The prospect of a new job is both exciting and overwhelming. Getting the position that you want provides the opportunity for advancing in your career, improving your skills and finding more satisfaction in your work. The much desired job offer often comes with the need to move to a new city. Choosing between your professional aspirations and your well-settled life will inevitably evoke feelings of uneasiness. Leaving your favourite places and loved ones and diving into the uncertainty is scary and nerve-wrecking. Furthermore, you will need to deal with the stressful and laborious relocation process. So before you accept the offer and pack your suitcases, consider these 3 factors.
The first thing you need to ask yourself is whether it’s worth to move for a job. If you have been offered a position that has the following features, you may consider negotiating a proper job relocation package.
• Profitable position – offering a high salary and different employee benefits.
• Stability – working in a company for many years offers better chances for career advancement.
• Opportunity for self-improvement – developing and improving your skills, as well as expanding your knowledge and competence.
• Nice work environment – the positive working atmosphere has a huge impact on employee productivity and achievements.
• Other career options – the chance to find new occupation, if something goes wrong with your new job.
If you are moving with your partner, you should also recognize their need to find a rewarding and fulfilling job. Moving house with your family or significant other presents additional challenges.
Standards of Living
Don’t be lured into a new job just because of the higher salary. The amount of money you earn is just as important as how much you spend. Before you move for work, check these essential features of your future area:
• Housing – whether you are renting or buying, housing will be your biggest expense. Research the real estate market and the property prices in different neighbourhoods.
• Cost of living – take into account the overall costs of services, transport, utilities, taxes, medical care, food, etc.
• Safety – the crime rate can tell you a lot about the area’s overall appeal.
• Social life – moving to a new place means that you may encounter different social norms and lifestyle. Be sure your new surrounding doesn’t interfere with your regular routine.
• Weather – the weather conditions could affect your health and moods in a negative way.
House removals are another important aspect you need to consider. The process is complicated, time-consuming and expensive, especially if you’re moving to a distant location.
• Current home – before you hire the man and van company, you will need to take care of your rental or mortgage issues. If you are a tenant, you will need to terminate your lease agreement and leave the property in decent condition. If you own a home, you have two options – to lease it or sell it.
• Price of relocation – when dealing with such a big and challenging job as moving, it is best to get as much help as possible. The cost of the services will vary depending on the amount of stuff you are taking with you and your destination. The removal van hire solutions are the most cost-effective options.
• Moving tasks – Sort out your belongings and sell whatever you can. Make a checklist with all your belongings you can later use when the man with a van team arrives at your place. Pack well to avoid any inadvertent damages or you can leave this job to the professionals. Many man with van companies offer packing and unpacking services.
You should not forget the emotional aspect of the move. Embracing such a major change in your life can be hard. The decision to relocate is purely personal and depends on your situation. So start weighing down the pros and cons of the job relocation.