When you are moving to a new apartment for the first time, you must be truly excited. This is likely the case when you are not particularly happy with the place you lived in before that. No stress and big amount of tasks will be able to stop you from experiencing the exciting sensation of moving in a new place for the first time.
However, no matter how new and exhilarating this is, you must not forget that there are many aspects of the process you need to address if you want your home removal to be a success. This mostly includes the essentials you need to ensure for you apartment, or else you will experience discomfort and a lot of trouble. The best way to approach the situation is to make a list of each important room of your home and think what you need for each of them to fully use its potential. Here are few examples:
1. Bedroom - the one place where you will properly rest after a tiring day of addressing all of the home relocation tasks. You will need certain necessities there in order to feel comfortable. You will most certainly not get a good rest on a pile of towels tossed on the floor. Here are a number of must-have items you should acquire:
• Bed or mattress - while you may be lacking a frame the first days of your arrival, you should at least aim to get a comfortable mattress to sleep on. Devote some time and effort in buying a suitable mattress, for you will be spending night after night on it after all.
• Bedding - to make the most out of your rest, you will do well to acquire good quality blankets, sheets and pillows. All of these can be combined into a set, in order to save money for other items you will need around your home.
• Alarm clock - best assure that you set up an alarm clock every day, for all of the removal chores won’t miraculously disappear by themselves. You may feel like sleeping in, but a good alarm will discourage that.
2. Kitchen - you will likely not have much time to spend in your kitchen to prepare meals, but that doesn’t mean you can do without certain necessities.
• Silverware - even if it’s just a quick snack, you will need forks and spoons to eat. Otherwise you will have to use your hands…
• Coffeemaker - if you are a fan of coffee, you will definitely need this to make your favourite drink. Considering there will be a lot of work for you, the last thing you want is not being able to drink some pick-me-up early in the morning.
• Trash bags - you will want to have a number of those ready, since there will likely be a lot of packing supplies and materials just lying around after transportation and waiting to be tossed out.
3. Bathroom - after a long day of hard work carrying boxes from the removal van, you will feel like all you want to do is take a nice shower in your new bathroom. So don’t think you can just leave the room without any inventory.
• Towels - towels are necessary not only because you will want to use them after showering. You will be surprised at how convenient they are to cover furniture pieces you haven’t gotten to assembling yet, or to stuff in removal boxes to serve as cushioning material.
• Mouth hygiene tools - toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash and everything you need to keep your teeth healthy.
• Soap and other cleaning supplies - not just to maintain a good enough hygiene, but also to address many of the cleaning tasks that may unexpectedly pop up as you unpack your boxes and arrange your new home. Making sure you address any mess in a timely manner is best, since that way it won’t interfere with your future work and it won’t grow into something that will detach you from your work.
Make sure you acquire these essentials when moving into your first apartment, as they will ensure that you are off to a good start.