Any home move in Shepherds Bush can be a daunting task for anyone and you may find the very thought of it has been looming over you for days, even weeks. The untouched areas under the bed, the closet you haven’t cleared out in years all send you into a state of fright. There is no need to panic however, as long as you start early, say calm and follow some of these helpful tips, then you are fast on your way to becoming an expert in packing. Once you have done it once, it will be easy to repeat time and time again.
- Make use of all space. Before you go out and buy millions of boxes, have a look at what you already have lying around your home in Shepherds Bush, W12. Suitcases, laundry hampers, pillowcases and large shopping bags all make great moving tools for your things. Make a pile early of stuff you don’t use very often and start to pack these up into any empty cases you already have lying around. This will start to create some space for your relocation.
- Dedicate one room for your things. Pick a room that you don’t use very often or is hidden away at the back of the house and begin to put your packed up things in here. Label bags and boxes that have been filled and sealed up so that you know where they go and can easily inform any removal services where they need to go. This will be useful to get the things less used out of the way so you can get on with your packing process without feeling cramped.
- Have a sale, give to charity. Now is the time to get rid of anything you don’t want anymore. There is no point moving things that you will end up getting rid of anyway. Moving house in W11 is the perfect time to have a really big clean out, so get a bit ruthless and declutter. You might be amazed at the impact it has on the way you feel.
- Be as organised as possible. Packing is easy when you plan it out, labels colour coding and moving checklists will all help you to get a clear idea of the best way to move things. Organise your removal van early and let any companies in the W12 area know exactly how much stuff you have to move so there are no surprise costs.
- Use little tricks. Wrapping delicate items in bed sheets or putting in between pillows, saves on bubble wrap. You can even use your clothes as well so that everything gets moved together. Get some plastic zip lock bags ready for smaller items and make sure you leave out a large shopping bag at the end for any left overs that you can easily throw in. Separate any wires, phone chargers or plug adapters in an old bag and make use of any items lying around if you can. Make sure you don’t group all your heavy items together so that you find lifting things too difficult.
- Choose your worst room and do it first. Chances are there is a room in your house in Shepherds Bush you are dreading the most and the best idea is to tackle it. Once it’s don’t then you will probably realise that it wasn’t that bad, therefore the rest will be a breeze.
The trick to packing is to be as organised as possible and give yourself plenty of time. Not only will this be great for you, but it will also make you a favourite with your man and van.